============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wish & Fish...

Well, a new week has begun! I must say that Summer school seems to be going by quickly! Only 6 more days to go! It was so hard to leave our patio this morning...

So you can bet that once work ended today, I resumed my patio position! A nice, cool breeze and some art journaling!

I did a quick "Weston, Missouri" page.

 

It's always fun to explore. I get so many ideas from shops and boutiques. In one of the Weston shops I saw a pretty floral arrangement with Mason jars. I took the idea and put my own spin on it.

I placed 6 mason jars (large & small), into an old enamel wash bowl. I added water to each jar. Now when I cut roses from our rosé bushes, I can place them into the jars. I now have a delightful arrangement that sits on our patio table! When the roses are done...

I simply remove the sad looking ones and cut fresh roses to bring life back into the arrangement!

 

We so love playing right here at home! We make and build things for our home and yard.

My sweetheart built this little troll bridge, down by the pond.

 

Some evenings we walk down and across the troll bridge.

Under the weeping willow tree...

And a few more steps.

We are here-

 

Do you see the dock?

He also made that.

We have a picnic table for dining or sketching....

Or for sitting and feet dangling.

 

The boys fish and swim!

I snap many pictures...

And mostly just enjoy the view.

We can see our house up on the hill.

 

I'm so glad that I took that risk and leap from Maryland to come here almost 2 years ago.

I am so blessed to now have this tranquil piece of country to call my HOME.

Did you ever see the movie, "On Golden Pond"? If not, please do!!!!!

I always wished for a home such as the one in the movie, shared by Norman Thayer and his wife. A place where one may go pick berries from the bushes, fish on a pond, and gaze at the stars in the sky...

From a porch out in the middle of nowhere.

Not a soul in sight.

Now in my life...

I can tell you...

That wishes CAN come true!

BELIEVE.

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment