============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gelato Sticks...

Ok. I will admit.

I am an addict.

I cannot ever have enough art supplies.

When I hear of a new medium, I'm instantly on the computer, reading all about the product...

Reviews, how it works, etc.

My dear friend, Lori, told me about Gelato paint sticks.

I liked what I read. I even watched some fun You Tube tutorials.

Yes, I had to try them out for myself!

 

They arrived just yesterday so I haven't had much time to really play with them, but I did dabble a bit.

I ordered the set of 28 colors, directly from the Faber-Castell website. (One day I will figure out how to link you up... I'm using the Blogsy app on my iPad). The Gelatos arrived in a lovely, floral pattern box.

 

They look like Chapstick!

You may use them wet or dry.

I did both on this quick painting.

A closer look-

 

I like!

The colors are wonderful! Some are even metallic.

 

You can rub them in, layer the colors, apply them directly to a rubber stamp and stamp with them.... Then spray water onto the stamped image for a quick watercolor image! I could go on and on about various uses and techniques...

Which I will be saving to try out with Lori in person!!!! She ordered a set too and we have set a date for a girls' weekend in July!

Go check out the Gelatos!

Happy creating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment