============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Saying Goodbyes...

Hello out there!

I do hope that your week is off to a fabulous start!

I'm happy to report that mine is!

Yesterday I was up and brewing the coffee even before my alarm clock buzzed.

Off to work...

A day filled with meetings, silly co-workers who make meetings more enjoyable... And a long lunch break at the local pizza place. I stuffed myself.

I must say, it's very nice to be back on a routine. I come home tired...

But it's a good tired.

I slept better last night than I have all Summer. Truly.

August went by quickly and I did not get as detailed with my journaling.

I have also noticed that when I get to the last few pages of my art journals, I am so eager to start a new journal... I tend to speed through the end!

A bit boring, I might add.

However, we really did grow a great tasting watermelon!

Journal completed!!!

Yes, indeed.

I have a brand new black Moleskine watercolor journal awaiting the next chapter of my life. Oh, what will these pages tell? It will be filled with more day to day happenings, along with sadness. It will reveal happy moments, big events, travels to come, struggles, and triumphs.

Although I did not start on my life journal today...

I did pull another journal off of a shelf and played.

I think that it's wise to have several journals. One to document your life. One or two to really play in. Romp, explore, and learn.

I buy these brown journals at a hobby store. The pages are handmade watercolor paper, but I'm not fond of the way that the paper handles watercolor. I find fuzzy balls in my paintings!

Since this is a fun journal, I'm okay with that. I'm not so concerned about making mistakes.

I am very fond of the unique sizes that these books come in.

This one is long and skinny!

Perfect for full-bodied girls!

So, today I relaxed for awhile and got lost in my art world. I painted with gouache.

 

Saying goodbye to Summer...

And a completed journal.

Embracing new!

Blessings to you!

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment