============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

Priceless Moments Painting...

Hello to you! Are you ready to kick off your weekend?

My weekend began yesterday, when my sweet friend, Lori, drove for three hours to come and stay with me for a few days! We do this periodically and refer to these visits as "girls' retreats" because when we get together, we do a little bit of everything and end our visits feeling so very inspired!

We sip java of all flavors, we cook up yummy foods, we play music from the 70's and do dance a tiny bit...

Just to be silly, of course!

We rest, we talk until wee hours of the night. We also do art!

We plan for our retreats far in advance, and decide on what projects we are going to do and gather the needed supplies. We like to try new things!

Our first project of the weekend:

 

Painting on glassware and porcelain with the Pebo Porcelaine 150 paints.

In all honesty, at this time, I do not love these paints. It has taken at least three coats to achieve a color that meets up to our approval! I even ordered the opaque paints. We had high hopes to create gifts for Christmas, Birthdays, etc,... But I don't know if I want to give these streaked, painted glasses to anyone!

I'm trying to keep an open mind, as we sit here on the patio, and continue to paint... One glass/enamel piece after another.

So, I ask myself, "was this project just a total waste of time and money"?

Absolutely not!

We are enjoying every moment, talking as we paint!

Moments....

Priceless!

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment