============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall Skies and Basket Weaving...

Hello, dear readers...

And hello, October!

I do hope that your week is off to a fabulous start!

Recently I did a blog post and art journal entry about my basket weaving. You see, three days out of the work week, I work in the art room. Two courses: art and arts & crafts. It is in the arts & crafts class where basket weaving is taught.

I have thoroughly enjoyed weaving my first basket...

So much, that I am going to order my own supplies and weave at home throughout the cold, Winter months! Hubby even wants me to teach him basket weaving!

The Fall skies are so beautiful here in Kansas.

I grabbed my camera last night and snapped these shots on our prairie land.

Afterwards, I was so wound up...

I did not want to go to bed.

I so wanted to sit outside and take in all of the beauty.

But, it was a school night...

And I had a basket to complete! Giggle giggle.

 

I felt so proud!

Creating something pretty...

With your own two hands, sure does boost one's spirit.

Can you just imagine the feeling that it brings young students? I am a big supporter of art taught in our schools. It's so healthy for their sense of accomplishment and self-esteem.

Until next time...

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment