============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Bicycle journey through pages...

Something different. Change.

We all crave that occasionally, don't we?

This week I have gathered the necessary art supplies for my latest commission and have created a work space in our kitchen. I enjoy the corner nook, surrounded by sunny windows, big plants, and the coffee pot, of course.

This job is a gift. The client's friend recently challenged herself, along with her boyfriend, to bicycle across Kansas. In addition to the challenges that came with this journey, the woman has also suffered some back problems for quite some time now, causing her great pain. In fact, her journey on the Kansas roads has ended, and she is now at home, recovering from back surgery. Oh, how I want to get this surprise art journal completed soon so that her friend may get it to her, to enjoy and hopefully smile big while she is stuck in bed.


Her bike ride began on July 3rd.

I am stalking her Facebook page to capture the dates, the towns that she has passed through, and the highlights of their trip!

Right down to the meals that they cooked on their tiny camp burner!

Although I cannot fill every page in the moleskine journal, I like the idea of the recipient having the extra pages to add her own photos and journaling.

This commission is so much fun and quite different from my most common work- painting on a canvas and acrylics. For those of you who have followed my blog consistently, know that I am very passionate about art journaling and frequently dabble in my own personal journals. This is a huge part of my life as an artist...

and a person.

I am loving this ride and the change in "scenery"!

What's new in your corner of the world?

Be a sweetie, won't you...

and leave a comment and share!

Xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment