============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Sunday, August 2, 2015

History love...

History.

I love it now that I am a grown up!

I have enjoyed learning all about Frida Kahlo this year through books, the Internet, a movie, and her diary. Although we studied Frida in art classes, I was never as interested as I am now.

I'm crazy over art history these days.


I never tire of painting Frida and her colorful wardrobe.

I am also very fascinated by her blue house.

I would love to have a cup of coffee on her beautiful patio, surrounded by plants, texture, color...and possibly a monkey or two?

My own patio is quite lovely and this weekend I have really enjoyed it with the chimes playing beautiful music...

Flowers "shadow dancing" to the beat... feathers drifting in with the slight breeze.

Yes.

We love our prairie patio space.

We did enjoy history in another way over the weekend and had coffee in an old underground Irish Pub.

This is O'Malley's Pub in Weston, Missouri- a must see if you are ever in the area!

I took many photos, but really just wanted to sit, sip my coffee and absorb the smells, sounds, and surroundings. Being underground, this pub does have a musty odor, but don't let that stop you. This was not our first time there nor will it be our last. A favorite place of mine!

So worth it.

Xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment