============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas past...

For us, it was a very quiet Christmas Day here on the prairie. As I made my way into the kitchen to get a cup of java, I noticed that it was going to be a sunny day, according to the shadows on the wall. Of course, I paused. Admired and then went back to the bedroom to grab my camera. I love waking up to such surprises!

Beside the coffee pot sits my shabby chalkboard (which I now use as a calendar).

December 25th. Christmas.

I hope that you had a wonderful one!

I called my family first thing. I think that next December I am going to suggest to them that we celebrate as a family AFTER Christmas has passed. Possibly, we will be able to ring in the new year together!

As I sipped the coffee, I did browse through the photos that we had taken just two weekends ago. We had a perfect Christmas together and I cherish the memories.

I am in no hurry to take down our Christmas decorations. In fact, I would never do so before New Years Day! It's all too pretty and I enjoy the warm and cozy!

I do, however, need to return to reality and routine.

I brushed up on my painting yesterday afternoon.

Tiny greeting cards in watercolor.

I rarely do art for fun these days. Personal art. It was pure joy to simply play!

Today:

December 26th.

Christmas past.

I have three large commission paintings to produce by February so today I begin!

Wishing you a fabulous day and I will meet you right back here...

very soon!

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment