============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pastels & Plans...

I'm still here!

I have just been crazy busy. Today is lovely! We have enjoyed a beautiful rain all day! My sweetheart and I were up and out of the house by 8:30 am. I was on a mission...

Today I was determined to try my hand at something new. Painting with pastels! This meant that I would need some new art supplies! I wanted nice, soft pastels that would go down smoothly, not gritty. My shopping experience was very successful and of course, I also purchased the proper pastel paper and fixative. After a huge, Mexican lunch and an afternoon nap with even a little thunder in the background ( perfect napping weather)... I played with my new soft pastels for the first time.

It's not easy... Nor is this a pleasing painting, however, I had a blast! I can already see myself this Summer, with my art easel out on the patio... Dust everywhere... Enjoying life! I so want to master this medium!

I ended up buying a set of Set of Sennelier brand soft pastels, half sticks. I am very happy with them. They are creamy, "buttery". Down the road, if I discover that I love pastels as much as I do watercolors, I will then purchase a variety of sticks and build my collection... But for now, these are wonderful for me!

I also added a set of Nupastels to my shopping cart. These are a harder pastel stick. Oh, what fun today is!

I feel so relaxed.

In addition to work, Paul and I have been making our wedding plans! Although we are keeping it very informal with only immediate family members in attendance, we have set a date for June, and last weekend we put a deposit down on our wedding site!

Last Summer we stumbled upon this magical place, hidden in the woods. We did not see any " no trespassing" signs, so we drove our Polaris RzR through the gate, down the long, dirt rode. It was absolutely beautiful. A barn, old tire swings hanging from a few trees, twinkling lights strung along a fence, a daisy field with an arch that would be perfect for a wedding ceremony! (We both had commented just how perfect this would be... But at that time, we were not even discussing marriage, although I think that we secretly knew).

As it turned out, The Circle S Ranch & Country Inn has been the site for many weddings, receptions, weekend retreats, and events!

A few weeks ago, Paul called the ranch to enquire about OUR wedding. Sadly, they were fully booked this Summer, and they require a minimum of 100 guests for a wedding ceremony. This just would not work for us.

Well, last week we were contacted by the Circle S Ranch. They had a Summer cancelation and could possibly accommodate us.

We will be getting married at our magical place and have rooms reserved for not only ourselves, but for all of our family members as well! We will spend all day and an evening on the ranch, with our loved ones!!!!

We will all dine here... Steaks and grilled salmon on the menu.

There will be fishing, hiking, and a Bon fire before bed. One may even decide to book a massage or a spa treatment!

Some may choose to simply sit by a fire in the "lobby".

We are so excited! For us, the most important part of our special day, is to be able to share it with our family. It will be more like a mini vacation.... And everyone needs that!

I'm counting down the days...

After next week, I will be on Spring break....

And then in just about 2 more months I have a fabulous Summer to look forward to!!!

Happy, happy happy!

Xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment