============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Could it be?

Could it be so?

Has Spring suddenly sneaked up on us?

By the sounds of the birds whistling from the trees and the sun beams bursting through our windows...

possibly, it is so.

Just a week or so ago, I painted this scene in my art journal.

It was real.

This was happening.

Strong winds, blowing snow flurries, grey skies. Silent birds!

On Friday, I painted much happier birds!

I have thoroughly enjoyed some "me" time in the studio. You know... art for fun and leisure.

It has been many years since I have participated in online art swaps and challenges with like-minded people. Recently, I decided that in order to remain happy in my career as a full time artist... I must also include some time and activities, free of commands and instructions. I decided to seek out, reach out, and get back into a few online communities that I thought would be a good fit for me. Since these groups are still rather new to me, I am not yet going to share the links. Allow me, please, time to participate in some of the events before making any recommendations.

I have limited myself to only one art exchange per month and one creative challenge per month so that my fun will not interfere with commission work.

I had forgotten just how joyful it is to sit and paint oodles and oodles of ATC's (Artist Trading Cards), and ACEO's (Art Cards, Editions and Originals)! I found myself smiling big and already feeling excited to receive cards from other artists! I create ten and in return, I will get ten cards to add to my own collection! Yes!!! I absolutely adore such sharing of art and creativity!

How about you?

Do you participate in any creative online groups? If so... please, share with a comment!

As for my work, I recently had the pleasure of creating a baby gift. My client provided me with the colors, the theme, and baby's name. This was so much fun... afterall, who does not love baby elephants?

I was thrilled when I was sent a photo through my public facebook page, of the recipients holding the gifts at the actual baby shower. More JOY!!! I LOVE what I do!!!

I also love interesting skies. And the moon.

Just last night I dashed out of the front door with my Sony nex 5r to capture this!

So worth it!
Could it be...
a Spring moon?
See you right back here soon!
XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment