============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Welcome Fall... and a pumpkin doll!

The past two days have been cold, wet, and grey here.

My morning walks now require a jacket.

And a few stops to snap some photos, of course!

My pumpkin patch fizzled out so I had to pluck the six pumpkins that did grow, even though they were still rather tiny.

That's okay though because as far as I am concerned, Fall has arrived and I'm feeling very inspired by it!

Even our country cow friends are enjoying the cooler temperatures.

They came out to greet me after I wrapped up my walk....

Snap, snap.

And then I dashed into the house, dampened by the misty rain.

More coffee to brew, for warming my bones.

I was on a mission.

I had sketched my ideas onto sticky notes.

For days, thinking about pumpkin dolls...

but commission work must come first.

So I have been painting like a mad woman!

Getting closer to be finished...

(and closer to making pumpkin dolls)...

when I get another commission just yesterday!

Friends, I must pinch myself often because I can't believe that at last, I really am living my dream. I always have work now.

The only problem that I seem to have is finding the time to create for fun, with no instructions, and to use whatever mediums that I may be in the mood for that day. You know, that free spirit stuff that artists have.

After painting all mid morning, I decided that I was going to make it all work! I was indeed, going to start bringing Mr. Pumpkin doll to life, afterall, October will soon be here!

And so, the sculpting has begun!

Yes!

I can do it all,

With practice, of course! (Time management).

Tell me what you are doing to welcome Fall!!!

Until next time,

Blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment