============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Friday, September 5, 2014

Simple, Silly Life...

Hello, friends!

How are you?

Well, August flew by rather quickly...

and I became another year older.

My sweet husband left a chalkboard message for me, beside my coffee pot, on the morning of my birth date.

I have never minded aging...

up until this year. Maybe a little last year, but not like this. 49. That's just too close to 50!

Art journal time has been badly needed these days.

If you keep your own journal, you totally get where I am coming from.

Just jotting down the day's events and some scribbling seems to help with my balancing act.

Commissions continue to come my way, therefor, I do not journal as much as I'd like to.

On my birthday, I did play, of course!

And...

today being Friday,

By gosh, I'm at it again and it feels fantastic!

It's been a cool, rainy day.

I did work this morning, but then this afternoon the urge came over me. You know...

when our mind plays tricks on us. I absolutely love those chilly Fall days, all wrapped up in a fluffy blanket with a hot cup of coffee and my paints. My Molskine journal. So, it suddenly became a real Fall day (in my head), and so the art journaling began.

Watercolor pumpkins that fold out and hold secret messages inside.

Wet brushes swooshing over the pages.

Colors spreading in directions, all of their own.

Pure joy for this girl. (I refuse to say woman at this time). "Girl" just sounds more fun, and fun is what I shall have!

Hours have passed and I'm still painting, cutting, pasting, and smiling.

Some may call it a waste of time.

For me, art journaling is one of the best ways to spend time. It's a part of myself, poured onto the pages of a sleek, black book.

Maybe some day my journals will be in the hands of others. Possibly my niece or a relative. I do hope that they will enjoy my ramblings about life!

I so love life.

The simple things, like grabbing my camera at 6:30 am and dashing out the front door to capture this amazing sunrise.

Just look at those rays!

No editing on these photos. These are all natural and true.

It was absolutely worth being outside, in my pajamas for this. (And I know that I looked silly)!

What silly simple things do you do to love your life?

Please, share!

Enjoy your weekend!!!

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment