============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Saturday, September 21, 2013

What Am I Doing Lately?

Hello, friends!

How was your week?

Mine went well.

With my job I am able to go back in time. Working in a high school I move from one classroom to another...

Every subject from science to art. I like to get to know my students and I find that one of the best ways to bond with them is by participating in what they are doing.

So, this week I started a yoga class.

The girls seem to be enjoying it. I am certainly feeling the results already!

So, three days a week I carry a yoga mat to work.

In addition to yoga, I also have an art class and an arts & crafts class. What is the difference, you may wonder? A craft is a skill that is taught with repeated steps and/ or specific instructions. Art is introduced with lessons on the color theory, value scale, and techniques, but then it's entirely up to the artist to use his own skills to create art.

At this time, we are weaving baskets in the arts & crafts class.

Yes, I'm weaving right along with my students and loving every minute of it!

At 2:50 pm I shifted to my personal life. Hello, FRIDAY!

After a few errands, it was so nice to be home and in my sloppy sweats! It was a bit chilly outside. A perfect evening evolved- iPod (70's) music and some art journaling. I never grow old of Dr. Hook, Fleetwood Mac, and Elvis.

It thrills me to see Fall and Halloween everywhere!!!

Although I am a true Summer gal...

I do love the colors of Fall, and of course, the treats.

I also enjoy ghost hunting. Really, I do. I have explored many haunted dwellings and have even captured some incredible photos of ..... Something unexplainable! Oh, yes.

I'm so glad that my hubby is also an adventurous spirit. We plan to go hunting again very soon.

Please, tell me about your Fall traditions! I'd really love to hear.

Until next time...

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment