============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Every Day?

Brrrrrr! It's rather chilly here in Kansas! Like hat, mittens, scarf, AND coat weather. (Oh, how I wish now that I would have purchased some of these way cute vintage hats from this unique boutique in Colorado to add to my collection)!

 

What a fun day that was! Even Paul and his dad joined in on the fashion show. Yes, indeed, we put on silly hats, funky hats, cool hats, furry hats... I did a few twirls, awaiting their approval or applause. It mostly led to laughter, of course.

I've been going through our Christmas trip photos, grinning. Reflecting. I wonder... Why can't we live each and every day as if it were Christmas? You know- feeling excited, joyful, eager to give to others? Everything seems so magical. As I type this blog entry, I realize that I DO live each and every day as if it were Christmas... For the most part, and it makes for a much happier life for sure. I wake up most mornings, so anxious to begin the day, at 3:00 or 4:00 am! Now, I must admit, I'm not quite as happy when it is a work day, but still, I make the most of it. I smile, I try to find the good in all situations, and I do live a very creative, colorful life. February.... Well, it does take more effort. By then, I am tired of grey skies, cold weather, and burnout at work always sets in around that time. Been there, done that..... Which is one of the reasons why I enjoy being a school employee. Another break from work is near once we get through those Winter blues!

I think that I will leave our Christmas tree and decorations up through January! Why not? We have no rules in our house. On those early mornings, I love sipping coffee by the tree. The only light on at 4:00 am are those from the tree. It's so quiet out here in the country. Peaceful. Beautiful. I am savoring this time at home and am so inspired to create. I do just that.

I started with a very large piece of watercolor paper. I had no vision. I just knew that I needed to feel a paintbrush in my hand and I wanted to see purple! Once the watercolors had dried, I felt the urge to simply doodle with a gold gel pen. Stars! Sky!!!!! I think as I work. I think about things that I need to do ( really NOT a good idea while in creative mode), .... But, it happens. I needed to get Thank You notes out to those who gifted us at Christmastime. Ahhhhhhh haaaaaaaaa moment! Oh yes,... I can use this piece of art as a background for cards! (A perfect reason to carry on in my own little world, right)?

Once I filled the paper with tiny gold stars, I cut into card front size... Added the snowmen with oil pastels, painted details with acrylic paints, added sparkle, sparkle, sparkle! Remember, it's the season of SPARKLE!

After all card fronts had dried and I had mounted the stamped "thank You" pieces... I attached them to the green, folded cardstock. Waaaaa laaaaaaa! That task is now done! Ooooops. I do need to write in them and get them in the mail.

More projects await. The work tables in my art studio are covered with stacks of stuff!!!!! I also have stories to tell you, but it must wait. I will be back... Right here, again very soon!

Merry Christmas...

Every day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment