============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cherished Moments...

Here I sit on the sofa, in my lounge wear, with a cup of coffee...
and memories of a wonderful Christmas spent in my hometown with my dear family. Although I still must travel to see my family...
I find much comfort in knowing that I am not thousands of miles away anymore. I am in Kansas. I can be with my loved ones in just 5.50 hours!
The train seemed quite fitting for a holiday getaway...you know, it was an adventure to board the Polar Express and to observe every ounce of Christmas spirit from a ground level. I saw beautiful lights, people carrying pretty wrapped packages, and even some snow!

I saw old luggage and much history.

Once I arrived to my destination in Dodge City, Kansas...
my heart was warm. I savored every moment with my family. We ate plenty of sweets and laughed out loud! By the way, these were the best gingerbread cookies.....oh, so soft and moist!

Paul and I even took some time to EXPLORE. This place that was home to the both of us growing up. We walked the old downtown district and recalled the days when we watched movies from the historic Dodge theatre.

Paul left Dodge City soon after he graduated from High School so he sees more change than I do and seems to have less emotional attachment. I, on the other hand, was in Dodge City, Kansas up until the age of 44. I will probably always feel somewhat homesick and pine for friends and family. For now, my life is feeling more complete than it has in several years and I am still, and always will be, a Kansas girl!
It was indeed, a perfect Christmas shared with family.
Paul & I are now home safely and using today as a day to rest and regroup! I'm enjoying some photo editing and the pictures keep the cherished moments alive.
I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you had a wonderful Christmas with the family. Love the train pic! xo

    ReplyDelete