============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Monday, January 5, 2015

Cows & Cocoa...

Hello and a Happy New Year to you!

It's been very relaxed around here and just today, both hubby and I are back in full swing with routine.

We did get a dusting of snow over the weekend...

a perfect excuse for another cup of hot cocoa!

Right after Christmas, I began working on this 30" x 30" acrylic on canvas cow painting for a client. (just look at that Winter taking place outside). Brrrrr!

I'm really enjoying the long, carefree brush strokes and the heavy paint.

This is only the first layer, still in progress.

I will continue to build layers with fabulous peaks and bold colors!

Funny. Not once... EVER did I have the desire to paint a cow. I am surrounded by livestock here on the prairie, so I suppose that the subject never appeared to be interesting to me.

I am so glad that someone else found the cow to be a subject of interest!

That one commission painting has introduced to me, a rather fun creature to paint...

even in watercolors!

What a joy it was this morning to watch the sun come up as I painted happy cows.

Oh, the things that we take for granted and overlook.

Although I am not one for making new year's resolutions...

I do know that in 2015 I will be more open minded to painting new things.

Even the things that seem un-interesting to me!

Bring on this new year!!!

XO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment