============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Roam and Home

 Hello out there!
The Vagabond has been quiet these days. (The Vagabond blog, that is).
The real Vagabond...
meaning my drifting self (life after divorce)...
has been roaming all over the East Coast, absorbing every ounce of creative inspiration that I stumbled upon along the way. Travel and day trips are a great way to get the creative juices flowing and...does not take up any suitcase space! All that one really needs for this type of art and inspiration is a camera, possibly a notebook or journal for jotting down notes. It helps to have a friend to share the journey with, and on this first part of the adventure, I was blessed to have 2 girly friends to roam Virginia with! Thank you, Laura and Phoebe, for the great time and memories! Please, take a moment to visit their beautiful blogs!
We began in Richmond, Virginia. The train ride to this destination was incredible! So beautiful.
I discovered something new about myself:
I love train travel.
 We walked and walked, snapped pictures. I look for signs daily...
signs that just might tell me what I am supposed to be doing with my life! (This comes naturally right after a divorce and after experiencing so many losses, including the loss of HOME.)
This chalk art seemed to be shouting my name!

This one as well.

I think that the most difficult part of my divorce has been the loss of security. At age 45, it's very scary to be a drifter, not knowing where home will be for my later years of life. Nothing feels safe to me anymore. I feel as if I am a young child who was abandoned and tossed out into the woods with no sense of direction...
not to mention, no health insurance!
Of course I'm scared!
I made the choice to go start a new life far, far away from old memories...
and sadly, the trade off there was also leaving behind my family and friends, and the job in which I so loved. 
Everything in life requires a "trade-off". Everything.

For two nights, while in Ashland, Virginia, this was home. A lovely, Bed & Breakfast called, "The Henry Clay Inn".

It was a very nice home at the end of each creative day!
Hmmmm. Apparently, we were sharing this home with others. (Notice the spot at the lower right hand corner of this photo. Could it be....a spirit? I have another photo taken just seconds apart that shows movement)!!!!
I personally hope that there were ghosts present! It's rather thrilling to me!
I have many photos and experiences to share from the big adventure. I also have so much art to create, along with a new, good book to read!
Everyday is a journey.
I will share more later.
Blessings to all!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog post! Great memories and yes, lots of signs for you as you make your way onto a new path. Love all the photos too! Thanks for spending time with me! I loved every minute of it.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Missy...you're life is moving forward in an amazing direction :) I had such a wonderful time hanging out with you and Laura and I hope to see you again very soon! And ditto about the train travel, once you find that you love it you are hooked! You should plan a trip to Europe with us!

    ReplyDelete