============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Discovering me... and hiking

My lifestyle now is very different than what it once was, back in Kansas.
I knew that it would be, and that is why I made the decision to start my new life in a new state, with new surroundings, opportunities, habits....

and new discoveries.
I am amazed at what I continue to discover about myself!
Life after divorce is not easy, in fact, it's terribly painful. You can choose to sink... 
burrow yourself down deep into a pile of blankets and NOT accept, (in which I did do for awhile),
or
you can swim, as the saying goes.
I'm learning as I go.
Learning many new coping techniques. The first one being a very simple one:
NEVER ever listen to music as you are going through divorce procedures because the songs that are playing throughout those gloomy times will haunt you in the future! Trust me. Every time I hear that song that was playing on the radio as I was packing up my suitcases, still causes an outburst of tears.
Another little lesson:
Stay busy.

Thank goodness I am here.
Busy is my new lifestyle, and surprisingly, I prefer to be busy outdoors. It is so beautiful here and I love to explore!



I have discovered that I love to hike.
It fulfills many of my interests in one, big outing!
I can use my camera as I roam, and capture wonderful shots, I can see inspiration in all of the nature around me.
I breathe in serenity.
I get the much needed exercise.
I feel my spirits lift and the heart no longer feels so heavy.

These pretty pictures were taken recently while walking the Sparks, MD trail.
Now, I'm packing the backpack for this hiking trip:
I'm always looking forward to even more discoveries!
Wishing you all a glorious weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You have some gorgeous surroundings up there to hike in! I'm so glad that your new life is suiting you well :)

    ReplyDelete