============================================================

Pages

Meet The Artist

Meet The Artist
Missy Trent
Email Missy at: MTreasures@hotmail.com

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm still here...

I think about my blog... Untouched. Something that I once looked forward to every day. For me, my blog was a form a journaling and it always felt uplifting to share new art and thoughts. I still thrive on all of that, but as we grow...
Move forward, our priorities also change.
I have moved so much in my adult life, it's been a challenge for me to stay consistent. ( this is how the name of my Vagabond blog came about)! Always moving and living out of suitcases. Never knowing where HOME is.
Through all transitions, the one thing that I do know for certain is that I am an artist who is always true to herself. Although I'm not blogging about my daily accomplishments, I am working on new artistic goals and being an artist every day! I am living a wonderfully, creative life and branching out into new directions! In fact, life has never been more perfect!
I'm feeling more "grounded" these days. At THIS moment, my suitcases and boxes are pretty much unpacked and I have no desire to roam! There's just no place like HOME.... And I hope that I have finally found that permanent place to call my home.
Starting a new life altogether is not easy. I must applaud myself. After divorce at age 45, I was devastated and confused, but I have learned so much about flexibility and embracing change. Along with change.... Comes a new and better YOU.
I have been in my new town for about 7 months now. (this town anyway). I am working, although still patiently waiting full time employment with a wonderful school! Until then, I have decided that I can and will be a "substitute"! I will take Summers off to teach art classes and create! I will enjoy my garden and look forward to the big family vacation in June! It is what it is.... And I can honestly say, it's ALL good!
I am also going to blog more during the Summer months. I am also trying, for the very first time,... Blogging from my iPhone. You see, out here in Mayberry, we do not have Internet so to speak. We do have an air card that allows me only 5 gigabytes per month- another reason why I do not blog much. Once again, it's okay! I'm simply learning new ways to carry out my passion!
For now, I continue to experiment with blogging apps via iPhone. I am having some difficulties with photos and welcome any tips!!!! How can I get crisp, clear, large photos uploaded using only an iPhone app?!!!!!
Until next time,





Here are my latest ART JOURNAL entries! I will share more (with oh, so fancy wording).... at another time SOON!



Enjoy the journey!
Missy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mssy.
    Glad life is good for you. Enjoy dear friend!!
    XO Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squealing with delight over seeing art in your blog again! Whoohoo! I love your watercolor! I posted a bunch of art journal pages too...for the first time in a decade, I'm not traveling anywhere during the Spring and have been enjoying a creative cocoon! About the iPhone...if you have a case on it, take it off unless it has a large hole area around the camera. The iPhone needs light for quality pics and most cases cut that down because of the lip around the lens. Use an iPhone skin (you should set up a site at Society 6 and make your own for sale! I've done really well there and I know you would too! And the S6 Facebook group is really supportive about promoting each others work!) instead or one of the cases from S6 has a large opening around the lens. Hope that helps some! And keep on creating my darling friend...I love seeing your art, seeing you happy and seeing you lovin' life! Miss you tons!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sharon!!!! I will email you soon!
    Also, Laura!... A big thanks to you on all of the info! Yes, I do have one of those "pricey" Otter cases on my new iPhone. Well, I had opened a S6 shop a while back, however, did nothing with it! I can add that to my Summer of creative goals list! lol. Miss you too and I will check out your art journal pages!

    ReplyDelete